Thursday 10 December 2015

Strength or beauty

I've been fighting a pitched battle with my fellow customers of magnetic bracelets as to what's more important: strength or beauty. I 'm not talking about Superman versus Wonder Woman here - although I know which one I prefer - I'm talking about the criteria for choosing which magnetic bracelet to buy.

Dan Brown's character Robert Langdon (of The Da Vinci Code fame) would have a field day discussing the symbolism here. So, indeed, would Umberto Eco - probably. The male versus the female principle. The Yin versus Yang. Mars versus Venus. I think you get the picture.

But surely, you say, magnetic bracelets have both. The magnets have the power to heal; the beauty of the bracelets have the power to soothe the eye.

Yes indeed. But when you have such a vast range to choose from - as you do if you buy from the Magnetic Products Store - then you have to decide what is important to you when making your decision which to buy.

My advice is always the same: buy what looks nice to you. Don't count the magnets. Don't measure their strength. And don't write a long rambling inquiry email - or even a short one - asking customer care to tell you which one is the strongest. That would be like asking a mother which of her children is the most intelligent.

By the one that looks nicest to you! And if you can't make up your mind, buy two or three.

No comments: